Missing the Caribbean ocean. What a great way to bring the tropics to your table. Coconut Shrimp – Crunchy, light and satisfying! Served with my own refreshing concoction of pineapple, mango, strawberry and honey Dijon with a hint of cilantro dipping sauce.
Step A. Tropic Dipping Sauce
- 1 Strawberry (Chopped)
- ¼ Cup Minced Pineapple
- ¼ Cup Minced Mango
- 2 Tbsp Finely Minced Cilantro
- 2 Tbsps Honey
- 1 Tbsp Honey Dijon
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 2 Tbsps of Corn Starch
- 4 Tbsps of Water
- Mix your fruits and cilantro together
- Mix your honey, Dijon and Water together then add your water in a sauce pan or small pot.
- Add your fruits and cilantro mixture
- Place on oven and turn heat on high
- Bring to a boil and take off heat once thicken
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
Step B. Frying Coconut Shrimp
- 16 Shrimp (size 31/40) Peeled and devien (About ½ pound)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
2. Mix Dry Ingredients:
- ½ Cup Coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- In a shallow glassware mix together your dry ingredients and set aside.
3. Batter Ingredients:
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Water
- In a big bowl mix together your batter ingredients and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Batter all your shrimp first by dipping each in the batter mixture then in your dry ingredients and lay them on a big plate without having them touch each other.
- Pour cooking oil to the 1/3 mark in a deep skillet
- Heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Fry your shrimp until golden brown and set on paper towel to drain excess oil.
Serve & enjoy!